Friday 29 July 2011

Route 2: Fankerton Circuit

Hey again everyone, well here I am again for the second instalment of my blog.  With exam mayhem taking up the last month I've not found myself having much spare time to get out to cycle, but now that summer's here, I took this evening to explore a nice route to the west of my hometown, Denny.


Route 2:  Fankerton Circuit
Distance:  6.8 miles
Time:  1 hour
Difficulty:  50% (This circuit is largely uphill until the last mile)

The start of the route, uphill from the beginning
Looking over fields, the village of Stoneywood can be seen to the left,
and the Ochil Hills in the background
In this picture, the Glasgow suburb of Cumbernauld can be seen in the distance

Everybody loves sheep, right?

The summit to the right is Myot hill, to the left of it is Falkirk, then Grangemouth

Beginning of the quiet main road back to Denny (and Fankerton)

Just about in Fankerton, to the immediate left is an entrance to the Carron Valley

From rural to urban, the M80 motorway can be seen here, crossing on the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment